Patrick Sheehan comes with 10 years experience working as a psychologist and counsellor, specialising in anxiety and depression in hospital, educational and community settings. He established the Adaptability Practice in Glebe to offer expertise in psychological therapy, counselling and supervision. These services aim to bring together evidence based behavioural science and a tailored approach for each client.
Whether you are wanting to bounce back from a time of struggle or wanting to address an ongoing issue, we aim to help people to:
- manage difficult thoughts, feelings or memories
- clarify what can be changed, and learn psychological approaches in how to accept what cannot
- break unwanted cycles and habits
- understand their own behaviour and the behaviour of others
- feel supported and heard to best assist recovery, relationships and self acceptance
More detailed information on Patrick's experience as a clinical psychologist and areas of special interest can be found here.